Tiddly Wiki, another free open source application.
- It doesn't require any special installation (such as Java),
- it works on any platform that has Firefox
- it seems to have more features than full blown web-application wikis
- it is perfect to keep inside a USB flash drive (use it at home, work, ...)
- it doesn't require an internet connection
- TiddlyWiki2PocketMod provides instructions on how to print Tiddly Wiki tiddlers to PocketMod.
 Special Installation Instructions
- Type about:config into the address bar
- Search for dom.max_script_run_time
- Change the value to a larger one
- Safari users: The latest version of Tiddly Wiki incorporates the changes necessary for saving in Safari provided that you install this Safari plugin.
The latest version of Tiddly Wiki supports plugins that can add functionality and change the look of Tiddly Wiki. Gradually plugins are being released that make it simpler to utilize Tiddly Wiki for GTD. For example:
- Clint Checketts' GTD Tiddly Wiki Plus (GTD style) at http://www.checkettsweb.com/tw/gtd_tiddlywiki.htm
- Tom Otvos' d3 (a "kinkless" GTD system) (GTD plugin) at http://www.dcubed.ca/
Soon there will be a Tiddly Wiki distribution that will combine these two.
Check it out! While we're at it, let me list some hacks of the original:
- Henrik Aasted Sorensen's at http://aasted.org/wiki
- Isao Sonobe's OgreKitWiki at http://www-gauge.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~sonobe/OgreKit/OgreKitWiki.html
- Jacques TurbÃ©'s TidliPo, in French at http://avm.free.fr/IMG/html/carnet_gt_BigCo.html
- Christian Hauck's at http://www.christianhauck.net/html/14300.html
- Tony Lownds's at http://tony.lownds.com/home/
- Poul Staugaard and Ivan Metalnikov's at http://poul.staugaard.dk/IeWiki.htm
- There's also Kevem Buangga's TiddlyWikiClone at http://www.kevembuangga.com/hwk/hailiwiki.htm (caution: on Safari, it seems to get locked up with error alerts)
- Jeremy Ruston's GTD Tiddly Wiki at http://shared.snapgrid.com/gtd_tiddlywiki.html
- Joseph Reisinger's pytw (Tiddly Wiki backed by a lightweight Python server side engine) at http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~joeraii/pytw/