D*I*Y Planner - The D*I*Y Planner is a set of free do-it-yourself templates, covers, documentation and other gear for creating your own highly customised and tweakable paper planner system.
The D*I*Y Planner consists of PDF files containing hundreds of templates for task and time management, along with more specialised forms for the GTD and the Covey systems: you just print off the templates you need, and configure the system to best suit your life and work habits. Also contains templates for calendars, creativity (storyboards, journals, writing tasks), notetaking, health, finances, flexible content entry (e.g., matrices for tables), do-it-yourself covers, and more. A thorough online handbook is available, along with a beginner's guide.
- Classic/A5 Edition
- 5.5"x8.5", a.k.a., Day Runner "Classic" or Day-Timer "Desk Size"
- 5.5"x8.5" 2-up, for printing two to a letter-size sheet, then guillotining
- A5 2-up, for printing two A5s to an A4, then guillotining
- D*I*Y Planner Hipster PDA Edition - roughly a hundred cards specially designed for 3x5 index cards, available in:
- 1-up (for printing directly onto single cards)
- 4-up (for printing four to a letter-size card stock page)
- graphics versions (suitable for modifying and other types of templates, like Avery)
The designer welcomes suggestions for version 3.0 templates, as well as cover designs and ideas for specialty packs like Education. A user-submitted template directory is also available on-site.
There is also the D*I*Y Planner Widget Kit for making your own templates.