Apple Computer's operating system for its Macintosh computers, at version 10.4 (AKA Tiger) as of this writing.
 Articles & Entries
- OS X Inventories - great software and setup inventories as well as smart tips for workflow and productivity hacks
- Category: Macintosh Software - Links to individual software packages that run on OS X (and some on Classic)
- Category: UNIX Software - Thanks to OS X's Unix-like underpinnings, many popular software packages from the Unix world run on OS X, either out-of-the-box or with minor tweaks.
- Dashboard Widgets - handy little chunks of functionality, available only on Tiger.
- Spotlight - system wide, low-level, metadata based search.
 External Links
 Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
- Apple Mac OS X homepage
- Feature and enhancement overview on apple.com
- In-depth Ars-Technica review of Tiger
- Automator World tips on using Automator, a tool that may be of particular interest for Getting Things Done (faster).
 Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- MacOSXHints.com thousands and thousands of hints, from the mundane to the super technical.
- What Is Mac OS X? descriptions of the underlying technology.
- MacDevCenter.com is O'Reilly's stellar Mac site with all kinds of useful articles, such as Unix Gems for Mac OS X
- Setting up your OS X from scratch - "a quick 'from OSX to custom geek toy' list"
- MacFixIt and Macintouch are great sites for keeping up to date on bugs, fixes, and other technical issues.
- Apple Discussions on the apple.com support site is an excellent resource for troubleshooting.