This is a wiki that can be edited by any of its visitors. Pretty crazy, eh?
If you're new here or are new to wikis in general, browse some of these links.
If you want specific help, check Meta:Wiki How-To or see the MetaWiki link below.
If you're hankering to start editing, you can practice in the Sand Box. Edit Sand Box to your heart's delight. It's like a big dry-erase board that everyone can use to play and learn. We will erase it from time to time, so please don't leave any Faberge eggs of information sitting around.
Good wiki stuff elsewhere
- MediaWiki's MetaWiki has lots of incredibly helpful stuff, including documentation
- Specifically, here's Help with editing
- WikiMedia Principles has some interesting discussion on how to run this stuff
- Here are Tips for Beginners from C2, the granddaddy of all wiki.
- Guide to writing better articles
Good stuff to know here
- Important: You need to Register and Login to edit a page
- Most people like to use "Firstname Lastname" as their user id. Spaces in your name are okay.
- (Requiring logins helps us minimize wiki spam.)
- It's all about Special:Recentchanges - This is a great place to get a gauge on where interesting stuff is happening
- Special:Popularpages shows you, well, what's most popular (that is to say what's been viewed the most)
- Sand Box is for learning the markup and basic wiki functionality. Go nuts! (Note how it automagically generates the ToC from the structure of the doc)
- HowTo is where to find out the basics of using a wiki
- Preview_Introduction is the closest thing to a common room or cork board for now (apart from the home page). Feel free to dump general stuff and questions here.
- Special:Specialpages has links to all the interesting meta stuff that's prepopped
- Find something broken, crazy, unpopulated, or otherwise in need of fixing? Add it to the increasingly inappropriately named Pre-Launch ToDo List