Avoid attractive nuisances
- Turn off email autocheck or set it to a much longer interval, say 30 minutes vs 1 minute (or even a couple of hours, if you can)
- Quit reloading your site stats
- Media diet - limit visits to slashdot.org, metafilter.com, fark.com, (this wiki,) or whatever's drawing your attention
- Turn off your instant messenger of choice (another option is to mute its sounds to minimize the distaction)
- Block out distracting background noise. Play classical music, ambient effects or nature sounds. If those are what's bothering you, invest in ear plugs, or ask politely for the volume down.
- Try some 'pink noise' to drown out disraction (Mac OS X app: Noise)
- Deal with Procrastination
 Choose tools and methods that encourage action
- When in doubt, just do it now
- Avoid the temptation to file or pile action-related items where you can't see them; keep an associated reminder on your radar
- Make your work bite-size. Most tasks are.
 Refactor thoughtfully
- Improve your system, but not at the expense of your work
- Look for modest improvements that yield outsize benefits
- Learn keyboard shortcuts
- Track down and eliminate time sinks
- Set your computer's clock to announce the time hourly
 Get unstuck
- Schedule short "dashes" of activity to make progress on things you've been dreading or procrastinating
- Try blind/automatic writing
- Take the first step.
- Check out the Flickr tag for:43folders for ideas (and please, add your own later, when you're unstuck! :) )
 Experiment with Happiness
- Consult Happiness for a Lifehacks perspective covering the subject from Aristotle to the recent BBC experiment. Then kindly add your recommendations.
 Become creative
- For starters, check out Creativity.
- Good behavior then entails thoughtfully adding to that section for the benefit of others.