General Resources
 Other Categories
- Category:Cross-Platform Software This category includes not just tools that have been ported to numerous operating systems, but also Java- and Python-based tools that are platform independent.
- Category:UNIX Software With its UNIX core and the X11 windowing system, OS X can run many UNIX programs with little or no modification.
 Undocumented Software
 Databases (of sorts)
- Books - An open-source personal library management tool for MacOS X.
- Booxter - A personal librarian, at your service.
- Daylite - multi-user calendar, scheduling, contacts, todos, project management, email integration.
- Delicious Library - plugs into iSight camera to scan barcodes into a library
- DEVONthink - Freeform database, scrapbook manager and much more.
- Filemaker Pro - Relational database software.
- Journler - Idea & media collector, journal app, blogger.
- Yojimbo - All-purpose collector; payware; from the makers of BBEdit
 Life Management/Organization
- Amazing Slow Downer -- slow down or speed up recorded music or speech without changing the pitch (shareware)
- AppendNote -- append selected text (automatically date and time-stamped) to a text file using keyboard commands. Works in applications that support the Services Menu. (freeware)
- Chimoo Timer -- a timer for Mac OS X, THE program to have for the (10 + 2) * 5 life hack!
- Cyberduck -- FTP SFTP client (freeware)
- Fugu -- OS X Front-end for SSH, SCP, SFTP (freeware)
- Huevos -- floating user-configurable searchbar for multiple search engines and websites (freeware)
- iuTime -- time and date calculator (freeware)
- iWannaSleep -- Simple time app. You can set the time after which iTunes is stopped, the computer is put to sleep, shut down or a custom AppleScript is run! (freeware)
- Textpander -- a keystroke expander, similar in function to TypeIt4Me.
- Tofu -- allows horizontal scrolling through large documents and ebooks one window at a time (freeware)
- TypeIt4Me -- venerable and flexible macro utility for expanding user-defined abbreviations typed in any application.
- Shell Watcher -- displays stdout of any unix tool, like remind, in a Dashboard widget (freeware)
- OnLife -- watches applications you configure, shows how much time you're spending in each one. Also (configurably) caches web pages and the contents of a variety of documents. Extensible via Cocoa and AppleScript.
Articles in category "Macintosh Software"
There are 43 articles in this category.